“My vision is to inspire people to live a purpose and passion driven life and to find happiness from within”
– Mo Seetubtim –
Founder of The Happiness Planner
I am so excited to share with you, what I consider as one of the best day-to-day life tools EVER.
The Happiness Planner is an inspirational brand that sell planners & journals that embrace the power of positive thinking, mindfulness, gratitude, & self-development. These journals are so much more than just a diary with lined paper, they are daily exercises to bring out the happiness of that day, the positivity & the excitement of another great tomorrow. They feature to-do style lists & daily questions which help you practice mindfulness & gratitude, focusing on the positives.
Founder, Mo believes that happiness is a state of mind; it lies in the way you look at things – & that this can be practiced, influenced, shaped & changed based on these 3 principles;
- The way we look at something affects how we feel about that thing. When we change our focus or our attitude about something, our feeling about that thing also changes.
- Our brain subconsciously picks up things. We are subconsciously shaped and influenced by our environment – whether we realise it or not.
- Changing the way we look at things and the way we think is basically a habit change. We can’t just adopt a new mindset, change a habit or an attitude overnight. We have to practice it over and over until our mind is trained.
I believe that if we increase our self-awareness, cultivate positive thinking, mindfulness, gratitude, and personal growth, we will increase our happiness level and will be okay no matter what happens in life.
The Happiness Planner is designed to help you cultivate these 5 key elements. By practising these over and over, one day they will become a part of who you are & no matter what happens in life, you will always find joy & peace from within.
Now I first came across The Happiness Planner last year, when I purchased their yearly planner. I was on a waiting list for what felt like forever, & when it arrived it was literally the best thing ever to of been handed to me by a courier.
Now that I have finished that journal, I have indeed purchased another & I couldn’t wait to share it with you.
The tagline on thehappinessplanner.com is ‘Focus on what makes you happy’. This is exactly what The Happiness Planner is all about. I love this brand. They seem to be constantly improving their journals with cool new features & add-ons & I love how innovative they are.
When my Journal arrived, I couldn’t wait to open it! I was really surprised to find a few extras had been included in my box. I had a gorgeous pen, engraved with ‘Believe in Yourself’ combined with a few stationary accessories & bucket list style sheets.
I went for the peachy pink coloured journal with the gold detail. It is so pretty & made with such quality & attention to detail. The paper is lovely to write on, 251 pages of white 100 gram paper, thick & luxurious with no transfer on the other side. The entire journal is a dream. It measures 230mm x 165mm, hardback & spiral bound with gold hardware on the corners & a gold foiled logo.
It comes beautifully presented, packaged in a matching box with a gold foiled logo. The entire feel of this journal is best described as ‘special’. It is wrapped in bubble wrap for ultimate protection.
You get a real sense that this will aid in transforming the way you go about your day to day life. The focus is on making each day a positive experience, building introspection into your routine & increasing self-awareness.
Now it actually turned out that I had ordered the wrong journal, rather than the daily journal which you write in daily, I had ordered the 52 week journal for weekly reflections. I was a bit gutted at first but having looked into it further, it’s just as fantastic & probably slightly more realistic now that I am always so busy. Although reflecting everyday is a real positive exercise, sometimes I did forget or I’d be so busy, a couple of days would pass before I wrote in it again, having said that I was very strict 99% of the time. It is really such a good tool to practise positive thinking.
So the 52 Week Journal comes with weekly goal setting, weekly overview, & weekly reflection pages. This is perfect for setting weekly goals & reflecting at the end of each week.
You will be encouraged to;
- Set goals that will maximise your happiness level.
- Practice self-reflection so that you understand yourself better.
- Plan your life around things that truly matter with those who truly matter.
- Start each week with an exciting and inspiring thought.
- Cut out things that hold you back.
- Train your mind to always look at the positive side of things.
- Learn to master the art of resilience.
- Strengthen relationships with your loved ones.
- Spend more time and money on things that truly make you happy
- End each day with gratitude
The Journal comes with 4 printables:
- Change a Habit in 30 Days
- My New Year’s Resolutions
- My Bucketlist
- My Goals
All of these feature a to-do list style format & are fab! You can clip them inside your journal with the pretty paper clips that are also included.
Inside the Journal you will find
- “Create your happiness roadmap” exercise – helping you to reflect on yourself & get thinking about what makes you happy. This includes a few intensive pages where you answer questions such as ‘What are my weaknesses?’ & ‘What & who are you grateful for in life?’.
- Yearly Overview – to reflect on how far you have come & where you see yourself in the next year.
- Weekly Overview and Goal-Setting pages – perfect for productivity on a weekly basis.
- Weekly Quotes – inspirational quotes for daily motivation & inspiration
- Weekly Reflection
- Yearly Reflection
All of the above really help with productivity. I always find that if I have a to-do list, it gives me that boost of motivation to get stuff done. I love nothing better than giving myself a tick – sad I know – but what a sense of achievement when you can look back on your list to see every task with a satisfying tick next to it! Woo!
On a serious note though, this journal & it’s daily exercise of looking for the best in the day, really helps change your perspective. I know that when I was going through a tough time last year, writing about it & having to choose a positive in every bad day was really helpful. Suddenly you find yourself focusing on the good instead of the bad. Even if it feels like nothing positive happened on the worst day, it can be something as small as the cup of coffee you had or the fact the sun came out – there will ALWAYS be something positive to be thankful for, & gratitude is the key to happiness & success. I firmly believe in that. Anyone who has read The Secret will know about the Law of Attraction & the art of being grateful every day. This journal helps to practice the same concept.
My focus over the up coming month will be detoxing. I want to get back into health mode, lose some excess booty that is the result of a holiday, too many croissants & plenty of wine…(also the inability to ever say ‘no’ to dessert! It’s a real problem I swear.)
This journal will help me keep track of my diet, my weight & nutrition goals & help give me the motivational & positive boost i’ll need to keep my eye on the prize!
This Journal retails at £29.50. Some may view this as slightly on the pricey side, but when you think of what you are getting for this, it is worth so much more! Again, the quality is amazing & it is designed to last a whole year.
I can’t recommend this enough to anyone that needs some daily motivation, anyone that wants to set some new goals, complete boxes on their bucketlist & strive to be the best, most positive version of themselves.
I hope you enjoy yours!
I will be posting in more depth & detail, my detox & wellness journey within the next few weeks!
Blogger, Jewellery Designer, Artist, Dancer, Model, Candle Addict & Animal Lover